Product name: Quietly Waiting for the Day
Artist: Mellow Glass
Technique: Pâte de verre (the traditional glass-making technique for glass arts back in the 16th century B.C.)
Dimension: W10cm x H12cm
One-of-a-kind glass art piece
[Price available upon request]
Poem of this glass art composed by Mellow Glass:
Quietly Waiting for the Day
The wind sings, the forest sways
Looking up from the forest where the stars and the moon shine
Illuminating the forest of December
How does Mellow Glass create her whimsical glass objects?
- Using clay to create the shapes as a prototype.
- Moulding the clay with fireproof plaster and carefully remove the clay from the plaster mould.
- Draw motifs and apply colours to the plaster.
- Fill the plaster mould with grainy powdered glass and press in the mould tightly.
- Melt the glass in an electric furnace and let it cool down slowly.
- Hand-hammer and break the plaster mould. Gently remove the plaster and take the glass out.
- Apply repetitive polishing works and finish off with a water-proof paper.
- It is impossible to duplicate the objects because the plaster mould has to be broken each time. Therefore, they are all one-of-a-kind glass objects with a lot of time-consuming manual procedures.
- Each single piece of glass objects needs to take 30-50 days to finish and is handled with exceptional care during the time-consuming procedures.